Bill Evans presented the Keynote address at the 2019 Emerging Pathways in Somatic Movement and Dance Education Conference in New York City. This moving keynote address demonstrates how somatic movement and dance education are intricately intertwined and support each other.
Bill Evans is a performer, teacher, choreographer, lecturer, administrator, movement analyst, writer, adjudicator and dance advocate with a uniquely varied and comprehensive background of experiences and accomplishments.
• Distinguished Emeritus Professor of Dance, Department of Theatre and Dance, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, where he also served as Head of Dance
• Emeritus Visiting Professor/Guest Artist in the Department of Dance at The College at Brockport, State University of New York
• Founder and Artistic and Executive Director of the Bill Evans Dance Company (founded in 1975)
• Founder and Director of the Bill Evans Summer Institute of Dance (founded in 1977)
• Founder and Co-Director of the annual Somatic Dance Conference & Performance Festival (founded 2013)
• Freelance choreographer, solo performer, master teacher, adjudicator and consultant who has appeared in all 50 states as well as throughout Canada and Mexico and in many other countries, including Australia, Brazil, Costa Rica, Cuba, England, Finland, France, Germany, Guatemala, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, Russia, Scotland and Wales.